Monday, June 23, 2014

Gnome Garden



So I've wanted to make one of these for a while. I have a couple of friends that have older kiddos that have made INCREDIBLE gnome and fairy gardens and I love the idea of encouraging your child's imagination that way! I picked up a few tiny gnomes and garden accessories at Hobby Lobby around Easter, and have had them stashed away since then. This week I found a huge selection of tiny succulent plants at Home Depot on clearance. Perfect!

I used an old pot that was already chipped, and busted out one side by kind of chiseling it with a hammer and screw driver. It felt very Michelangelo-esque. It came off in two pieces, and I added dirt and sand to make it look tiered. I planted my lovely succulents, and voila!

Never-mind the puppy butt!


Then I added some preserved moss and the little gnomes and Here you have it. They even have names.
Oswald is the one communing with the squirrel.
And Ferguson is the gardener.





Now, I know what you're thinking!

Yes. Peter is far too young to really appreciate the wonderment of our gnome garden. And he certainly didn't name the gnomes. Jess and I did that. But Peter will grow into it, and I'm woman enough to admit that I really made the garden for ME! Peter just gave me an excuse.

I LOVE IT!!!!

Jess has been laughing at me about it all week, but here's a little secret: He named Oswald. SO, he kinda likes it too.

I guess becoming a doctor doesn't mean that you have to be all mature and grown up all the time. 

That's all for now. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment